If you know me, you know that I have a major affinity for seafood. I eat it several times a week. Over the last few years, lobster has become my favorite. I’m sure this is simply because I don’t have easy access to Dungeness Crab and Tiger Shrimp, but these lobster tails are everywhere here in Georgia. Anyway, here’s a pretty awesome recipe for Fried Lobster Bites.
- In a bowl, mix flour with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. TIP: If you don’t like too cook with salt, use Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper in place of salt and pepper.
- Cut through the soft side of the lobster tail, then cut down the hard shell, place thumbs in middle to break outward and pull out the meat.
- Cut into bite-sized pieces. Each lobster tail should produce 6 evenly cut pieces.
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium high heat until hot (350 degrees)
- Place lobster bites into flour mixture and coat.
- Fry bites until golden brown on both sides. It only takes a couple of minutes.
- Sprinkle with dry parsley and drizzle with fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Serve with remoulade sauce.